Last week, the visiting delegation from Mzuzu University (Mzuni) had a whirlwind tour of Virginia Tech’s capabilities in the area of architecture, data analytics and visualization, library services, and health and medical device research. The purpose of their visit was twofold. First, they carefully reviewed three of the conceptual library designs that students and faculty in the School of Architecture + Design had developed over the past several months. Second, they interacted with faculty and students to explore the scope of a future data analytics and visualization center that we hope will be incorporated into a future Mzuni library.
The delegation’s visit was covered by our local news media – WDBJ7 and the Roanoke Times.
Virginia Tech also prepared the following story on the Mzuni delegation’s visit.
The Theology faculty at Mzuni have requested theology books for continued support of undergraduate and graduate theology programs at Mzuni. The Theology Book Drive has been established under the Mzuni Library Initiative in an effort to address these needs.
While open to anyone wanting to give to this initiative, this initiative specifically intends to draw on existing and build new volunteer networks among Church congregations and interested individuals. You are invited to pray for this initiative and asked to consider giving of your time, energies, and resources:
- Get more information: Project brochure | Receive project updates
- Which books are we looking for? Nearly 1,000 books
- What criteria are applied to books donated beyond this list?
- Can I order books and have them shipped directly? Yes
- How will you avoid duplicates? Books purchased thru Amazon will be removed from the list when purchased. Information about ordered and received status is available here.
- Timeline? We plan to accept donations and books through December 2017.
SIX WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- All donations are 100% tax deductible. You will receive a receipt. Donations will be used for book acquisition and shipping. No part of your donation will be used to cover overhead expenses.
- Donate by check: Write “Theology books” on your check’s memo line and send to: Malawi Education and Children’s Welfare Foundation, 507 Delburg Street, Davidson, NC 28036. (Please do not ship books to this address.)
- Donate online (PayPal’s 2% service fee applies. Note “Theology books” on your donation.)
Questions? Please contact: Anita Walz, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to receive the first books for the new library at Mzuzu University! Please let your organization, colleagues, friends, and family know about this important initiative. Our goal is to collect over 2,000 books so we still have some distance to go. Thank you for your support.